43rd International Symposium on Forecasting
Charlottesville, Virginia USA | June 25-28
The International Institute of Forecasters grants travel awards to enable researchers from around the globe to attend the International Symposium on Forecasting. These awards are intended to supplement other sources of funding and do not typically cover all expenses. They are primarily for students in the area of forecasting and secondarily for non-student forecasting researchers and practitioners. Applications are reviewed by a committee of IIF Directors.
Criteria for acceptance include the quality of the submission, how helpful attending the conference might be to the applicant’s research, and whether or not the paper might be publishable in the International Journal of Forecasting.
Application requirements (submission form below)
- Full paper to be presented at the ISF
- Brief comment on your research agenda and how attendance at the conference would be beneficial
- Budget showing anticipated expenses for attending ISF and other sources and amounts of financial support
- For students, a letter of support from your advisor is required
- Deadline for applications was March 3 and notification will take place approximately four to six weeks after this date.
- Applicants must also submit their abstract at isf.forecasters.org/isf/submissions/abstracts.
- Travel award recipients are eligible to attend the Forecasting Summer School. The fee for attendance is US$25.00
- Past recipients are only eligible to receive a total of (2) travel grants.
- Questions should be directed to [email protected].