The International Institute of Forecasters will grant travel awards to enable researchers to attend the International Symposium on Forecasting. These awards are intended to supplement other sources of funding and do not typically cover all expenses. They are primarily for students in the area of forecasting and secondarily for non-student forecasting researchers and practitioners.
Criteria for acceptance include the quality of the submission, how helpful attending the conference might be to the applicant’s research agenda, and whether or not the paper might be publishable in the International Journal of Forecasting. Please note, you are only eligible to receive a total of (2) travel grants during your times as a student.
- All applicants must also submit an abstract of their paper for review and approval by the Program Committee.
- Travel award recipients are eligible to attend the Forecasting Summer School. Visit our website to learn more.
The application deadline was 24 February 2020. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of IIF Directors and notification will occur approximately 4 weeks from the deadline date. Questions should be directed to [email protected].
Applications must include the following:
- Copy of the full paper you intend to present at the ISF 2020
- Brief comment on your research agenda and how attendance at the conference would be beneficial
- Budget showing anticipated expenses for attending ISF 2020 and other sources and amounts of financial support.
- For students, a letter of support from your advisor is required.